Why plant new churches?
Sermon by guest speaker Tom Haines – Sunday, May 26, 2019
Why do we plant new churches? Is there a biblical basis for this?
Life Group Study Guide
- Tom Haines talked about churches we are seeing that are going through a “re-birth”. What can we learn about kingdom-minded principles and attitudes from these churches that are experiencing re-birth?
- Do you see it being important for Brookside to be a church that plants churches that plants churches? Why or why not?
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. What should our response as a church family be to this? What should our response as individuals be to this?
- Read Romans 1:16. If we truly believed that the good news of what Jesus has done for us was for everyone, how would that change how we behave and the things we spend our time doing? Are we living as though that is true?
- Tom talked about how Romans 3 through 8 is all about describing the beauty of the good news. What does he mean by the beauty of the Gospel?Have we lost a sense of that beauty today? How would we go about getting a proper appreciation of that back?
- Tom described Romans 9 through 12 as providing the motivation for church planting. He said for Paul, to do nothing to reach more people would be unthinkable. What do you do for God because not doing it would be unthinkable?
- What does “just do something” look like for you? Who is it for? What focus does it have? What priority does it hold in your life?
What “something” are you going to commit to doing because doing nothing would be unthinkable?