Victory Over Fear
Sermon by Colin McKenzie – Sunday, June 12, 2020
We need to overcome fear? Why? Is fear a a bad thing?
Life Group Study Guide – From June 14, 2020
Come join in!
You are invited to connect virtually to Life Group Live on Wednesdays @ 7pm. Find us on YouTube or on the Brookside Facebook page. Let’s dig deeper with our online family! Bring your questions and insights!
What makes you feel afraid? Are you aware of fear in your life? How often are you aware of fear?
How are you responding to the pandemic? How have the protests about racism impacted how you are responding to the pandemic?
What news stories can you think of where some people are paralyzed with fear while others take action against a problem?
1. What practical steps do you take when you feel fear controlling your life?
2. Read Psalm 55:1-2. Why is it helpful to know that spiritual people experience fear?
3. Read Psalm 27:4-6. How does worship and fellowship with God help in our battle with fear? What is it about worship that causes David and us to have renewed confidence? What can we do that helps us commune with God? What passages of Scripture can help us there?
4. Read verses 7 to 10. What do we learn about ourselves when we read David’s prayer? What do we learn about God?
5. Read verses 11 to 12. Why do we need to ask God to teach us how to live? What other passages of Scripture come to mind when we ask God to teach us? (Philippians 4:6-9; Psalm 37:1; 1 Peter 5:6-7; Matthew 6:34).
6. Read verses 13-14. Do you like to wait? How does verse 13 help us to see the purpose of waiting?
7. What verse or principle in this psalm is the most significant in developing victory over fear in your life?
What is God saying to you from His Word right now? What are you going to do about it?