Something More – Part 2 – imPOSSIBLE?
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, September 13, 2020
What you do when God gives you a big dream?
Life Group content for this week
SOMETHING MORE… – Week 2 – imPOSSIBLE
Follow God’s dreams in everyday life
THIS WEEK’S MAIN IDEA
Sometimes the magnitude of the dream God invites us into is so big, its paralysing. Its easy to blow off such dreams, assuming they’re for someone else, not you. The Bible teaches us that God has something more for each of us, something big that we can only accomplish in God’s strength, working with God’s people.
Nehemiah 2:1-18; Esther 4:14; Matthew 28:19-20
Take some time and catch up or get to know one another better. Have everyone share a high and a low from the summer months, and how they are adjusting this fall with Covid. Have everyone share one thing they hope to see or experience through Life Group this season.
- On a scale of 1-10, how much do you consider yourself a visionary? In what ways do you see vision or dreams influencing your everyday life?
- Read Nehemiah 2:1-18. Nehemiah was captivated by a vision of a restored city, rebuilt walls, and the reputation of God’s people and God Himself raised up. He not only embraced this vision, but worked hard at inviting others to join him in seeing it come to life. Have you ever been involved in bringing a vision to life? Share your experience with the group.
- Nehemiah had a wall and a reputation to rebuild. Jesus tells us (Matthew 28:19-20) that we have every nation to reach and make disciples of. How should or could that influence the way we live our lives, and what we do as a Life Group, and as a church family?
- If there was one thing you would want the leadership at Brookside to bear in mind while working on vision for Brookside, what would it be? [Leaders, please pass responses along (anonymously) to Greg].
- How open are you right now to embracing a dream God may reveal to you personally, or to us corporately as a group or church family? How does a verse like Esther 4:14 influence your thinking?
What is God saying to you from His Word right now? What are you going to do about it?