Made For More – Part 6 – “Made To Win More”
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, February 9, 2020
The people around you are important to the life you live.
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-18
Did that really happen?
What was the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents/family/friends still talk about to this day?
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. Read Ephesians 6:10-12. How convinced are you that Paul’s assessment here is true?
3. How does the teaching that we are involved in a spiritual battle influence the way you live and interact with others?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 2:10-11. In these verses Paul emphasizes the importance of restoration to community and a healthy church body as essential to outsmarting our enemy. If Paul were writing to our church family instead of the Corinthians, do you think he would still say we also are not unfamiliar with Satan’s evil schemes against us? Why?
5. Read Ephesians 6:13-18. These verses describe both our offense and defense against the enemy. While many of us have heard these ‘spiritual armor’ verses taught as an individual exercise, the original language Paul used makes it clear that he was talking about how we experience both the offense and defense when we are deeply participating in a local Body of believers, a local community of Christ committed to:
- Righteousness- reinforcing
- Peace- pursuing
- Scripture-obeying (offense)
- Prayer-engaging (offense)
How does this influence the way you approach the battle? How does it shape your perception of the value of being in a Life Group?
6. Is there a particular piece of the armor mentioned here that you sense a greater need to make use of? How can we help?
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?