Made For More – Part 5 – “Made To Do More… Everyday”
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, February 2, 2020
If we’re doing the things that Jesus wants us to do, but only doing them on Sundays, we’re missing 98% of the point.
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Ephesians 5
Hi/Low: What was your high and what was your low since the last time we met as a group?
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. Talk about this: ‘The people of God have already been sent and placed strategically by Jesus. Mission begins by expressing the fullness of Jesus where we live, work, learn, and play. Every disciple is a missionary with a unique mission field. All those overlapping circles of influence are part of Jesus’ plan to express His fullness into every corner of culture and into every sphere of society. Each or our unique mission fields significantly extends the “footprint of fullness.” Our “GO” is to embrace our mission field and “make the most of every opportunity” to express the FULLNESS of Jesus to others.’
3. Read Ephesians 5:1-5. The fullness of Jesus is expressed here in terms of moral standards that we live by. How closely do your personal standards align with those of Jesus? Would you describe your everyday moral choices as imitation of the character of Jesus? Where do you experience the most difficulty living this out?
4. Read Ephesians 5:2, 6-15, 18-21. These verses describe how we are called to live in community with each other. The main injunctions here are ‘live as people of light’ (v.8) ‘be careful how you live’ (v.15), ‘be filled with the Holy Spirit’ (v.18) and “submit to one another’ (v.21). How can this group help us put these into practice? What could it look like for us to add a layer of accountability in our group experience for these?
5. Read Ephesians 5:16-17. Every follower of Jesus is intended to be an everyday missionary, living in a way that brings the fullness of Jesus to every nook and cranny of our world, far beyond our Sunday mornings and even our Life Group routine. What would it mean for you be and bring the presence of Jesus:
- Where you live?
- Where you work?
- Where you learn?
- Where you play?
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?