Made For More – Part 2 – “Made To BE More”
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, January 12, 2020
We are made to BE more …
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Ephesians 2
For many of us, the spring can’t come fast enough! For others we’re hoping to see a little more snow and ice before the season ends. If you love the winter, what would be your ideal outdoor day? If you’re longing for the warmer weather, what is on top of the list of outdoor activities you’re looking forward to? Tell your group about it…
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. ‘The Church is made for More. Last week we saw that the Church is chosen by God to bring the fullness of Jesus into every corner of culture and every sphere of society. This week we look at the strategy God employs to bring Jesus’ fullness to everything. He does it though the church, creating each of us a masterpiece, with a common and a personal calling which moves the mission forward as we live it out.’ How new is this idea to you? Talk about it…
3. Read Ephesians 2:1-10. Focus in on verse 10, what does it mean that we are God’s masterpiece? What does it mean for us to be created in Christ Jesus to DO good works?
4. Read Matthew 28:18-20. This passage describes our common calling…
- BE – fully engaged disciples
- DO – make fully engaged disciples
- GO – wherever you are, and wherever God takes you
Talk about what this means for every Christ-follower… how should it influence every one of us?
5. Read Ephesians 4:16. This passage alludes to our personal calling…
- BE – the unique combination of our gifts, passions, experiences
- DO – the unique roles and tasks God has created and specifically called us to perform
- GO – the specific places and people with whom, and to whom, God calls you to serve
How clear are you on your personal calling from God? How engaged do you believe you are in fulfilling God’s personal call on your life?
6. How could we help each other grow in our ability to discover and pursue God’s personal call on our lives? How can Brookside help?
If you want to explore this further, go to giftpassionstory.com and take the assessment.
The Brookside leadership team is working on a way for you to process what you discover and pursue God’s mission for you in your everyday world. Stay tuned for more info in the months ahead.
7. Is there anything from our discussion that you wish the Brookside leadership could hear? [Group leader, please pass these items along :)]
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?