Made For More – Part 1 – “Made for More”
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, January 5, 2020
We are made for more …
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Ephesians 1
What was your favourite experience of the Christmas season? Why? Tell your group about it…
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. Read Ephesians 1:22-23. Only Jesus can fill everything in every way. A core commitment of every local church is to continually illuminate this mystery: Jesus is More. Therefore, the Church is made for More. The Church is chosen by Jesus to bring His fullness into every corner of culture and into every sphere of society. Given the fact that the church is not an institution, it is us, God’s people, how does this statement above strike you? What does it mean for us to be the fullness of Jesus in our culture? Talk about it…
3. Read Ephesians 1:1-14. Talk about what it means for us to experience more of Jesus filling every corner of our lives personally – giving us every spiritual blessing, purchasing our freedom, securing our inheritance, revealing his will, protecting us by his power.
4. What step could you take to experience more of Jesus in your life?
5. Read Ephesians 1:15-23. Pastor Greg mentioned in the message that this passage conflicts with much of church that he’s experienced over the years in this way, most churches have filling their seats as the goal, where God’s goal is filling every nook and cranny of our society and world with the fullness of Jesus through the church. We are the means God is using to express the fullness of Jesus in every part of society. How would adopting such a mindset change what we do?
6. What step could you take to express more of Jesus in your world – where you live, work and play?
7. How could we help each other grow in our ability to experience more of Jesus and express more of Jesus in our world? How can Brookside help your group grow?
8. Is there anything from our discussion that you wish the Brookside leadership could hear? [Group leader, please pass these items along :)]
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?