inCredible – Part 2 – Is God the Creator?
Sermon by Ken Allison – Sunday, May 5, 2019
Where did the universe come from? Is it reasonable to attribute it to God?
Brookside Banter follow up video
In this Brookside Banter video, we address some questions that came out of this week’s content.
Life Group Study Guide
Everyone has a passion. What is a hobby or interest that you can share with the group? Why does it keep your interest?
- Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
- Have you ever been challenged because of your creationist beliefs? How did you deal with it?
- Read Romans 1:18-23. Paul turns the whole issue of “Bible vs. Science” on its head. Modern culture says that anyone who believes what the Bible says about origins is foolish and brainwashed. Paul says that anyone who denies the Creator is a fool because they aren’t looking at the evidence! What do you think about this turn-around?
- Read Romans 1:28-32. How do you understand the connection between rejecting God the Creator and the moral mess our culture finds itself in today?
- Read Psalm 139:13-18. The Bible teaches us that every single human being is special and is valued by God. “Science” tells us that our birth is the result of blind, random forces. How does this affect how we see ourselves? How does it affect how we deal with suffering in our lives?
- Now that you’ve talked about how our beliefs about origins affect our attitudes and culture, how important do you think the whole issue really is?
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?