GOD Is – Part 7 – “Alive”
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, April 12, 2020
How does the Easter Message impacts us? What does this mean for us?
Life Group Study Guide – From April 12, 2020
God is: Alive
Come join in!
You are invited to connect virtually to Life Group Live on Wednesdays @ 7pm. Find us on YouTube or on the Brookside Facebook page. Let’s dig deeper with our online family! Bring your questions and insights!
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. Read John 20:24-25 and Luke 24:13-24. These are only two of the examples that the resurrection is hard to believe, not only for us, but even for the people closest to the events. Nobody was expecting Jesus to rise from the dead. Even people who heard testimony of people they trusted struggled to make the jump.
How have you seen this play out in the people you know? What makes acceptance of the resurrection so tough for so many?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 15:14-22 and 1 Peter 1:3-6. The resurrection event matters more than anything else. These verses talk about what difference it makes if the resurrection accounts are false or if they are true. Talk about both possibilities.
From what you see, do people in our culture think these possibilities through? Why?
4. Read John 20:26-31 and Luke 24:25-26. Belief in Jesus and in the resurrection is a choice, a reasonable choice given the evidence we have. Many today argue that belief conflicts with reason and that no intelligent person would actually believe Jesus rose from the dead. How would you respond?
5. How does the resurrection influence your life?
The resurrection of Jesus is celebrated by many and violently opposed by many others. The message polarizes people and often leads to confrontation as the early followers of Jesus discovered – ‘But Peter and the apostles replied, “We must obey God rather than any human authority. 30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead after you killed him by hanging him on a cross. 31 Then God put him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this so the people of Israel would repent of their sins and be forgiven. 32 We are witnesses of these things and so is the Holy Spirit, who is given by God to those who obey him.” 33 When they heard this, the high council was furious and decided to kill them.” (Acts 5:29-33). How can we grow stronger in our faith and our courage to speak the truth and our wisdom in knowing how to do it in the most effective way?
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?