Dream Big – Part 8 – Stick with It
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, February 24, 2019
It’s not always an easy road to realize a God dream. What does it take to get there?
Life Group Study Guide
Stick with It
CONNECT: What has been your favourite place to visit? Why? Talk about it…
- Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
- Read Joshua 1:1-9. One of the most important things we can do to make the dreams of God real and relevant to our lives is to remember why we are here. In this text, God reminds Joshua that He had brought him there to be successful and prosperous by living in obedience to His will. How do you reconcile God’s desire for you to be successful with the reality that we experience a whole lot of failure and disappointment in life?
- What would it look like for you to dedicate yourself to study and obey the things of God?
- Read Joshua 3:1-17. Another thing that helps us stick with following God’s dreams is to remember what we have been given in Christ. In this text, the people were given the leading and protection of God to enter the Promised Land. For us today, when we cross the line of faith in Jesus, we are given adoption in God’s family, citizenship in heaven, freedom from judgement, and hope for a future far better than we can even dream of. How does (or would) keeping these things in mind help you live for Jesus throughout the day?
- Read Joshua 4:1-24. What do you think it would have been like growing up in that time, hearing the stories of God’s protection, and seeing the pile of stones marking the place? How would it have influenced your faith? Can you think of ways we can do something similar today?
Pastor Greg quoted Hudson Taylor who said, “Dream a dream so big that unless God intervenes, it will fail”. God is calling us to invest our hearts, skills, time and finances (resources He has given us) to seeing His dreams realized.
What is happening at Brookside that makes you want to support and resource the work even more?
How satisfied are you with how you are investing your time, skills, passion and money into the dreams of God at Brookside?
What is God saying from His Word? What are you/we going to do about it?