Breathing Room – Part 2 – Making Good Time
Sermon by Greg MacRobbie – Sunday, October 20, 2019
What’s consuming your day? Should it be?
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Psalm 90:12
Time wasters, we all hate them… the slow driver, the distracted driver who misses the light change to green, the delayed flight… Can you think of a time that you got delayed by something beyond your control, and it actually worked in your favour? Tell your group about it…
1. Was there something in this week’s teaching that particularly struck you or got you thinking?
2. This week’s talk was on time and the wisdom of guarding and scheduling it. Greg mentioned that some of our biggest time wasters fall into the categories of
- trying to relax and unwind
- keeping up with everything that’s going on
- looking for validation from others
What drains your discretionary time the most?
3. Read Jeremiah 2:13 and Isaiah 40:30-31. Do you typically go to God when you need refreshment, or do you feel you need to be refreshed first before you go to God? Explain.
4. Read Mark 8:36 and Psalm 90:12. None of us have any less or any more time than anyone else. Its all in how we choose to use it. Do you currently have a schedule or calendar that you follow? Most of us schedule time for work, sleep and family. When do you
- Daily personal time with God?
- Time for rest?
- Time community with other believers?
- Time to serve for the kingdom of God?
How satisfied are you with your calendar/schedule the way it is right now? Why?
If you have not already done so, review your calendar and schedule in daily personal time with God as well as time for rest, Christian community (like your Life Group) and service.
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?