Actually Love – Part 1 – “Figuring it out”
Sermon by Ken Allison – Sunday, February 16, 2020
What is love? What is love assumed to be?
Life Group Study Guide
Scripture: Ephesians 5:21-33
How did you meet the person you have had your longest romantic relationship with?
1. Read Ephesians 5:21-24. What does submitting to one another mean?
2. How does it look in the context of a church congregation?
3. How does it look within a marriage relationship?
4. How does the teaching that we are involved in a spiritual battle influence the way you live and interact with others?
5. Read Ephesians 5: 25-33. In these verses Paul talks to husbands. How seriously do we as husbands take his command to love our wives as Christ loves the church? Do we need to change how we treat our wives?
6. Read Philippians 2:3-7. Here we see how Christ demonstrated submission for us. If we really believe this and apply his example in our lives, how will it affect how we interact with others: in our community, in our church and in our families?
What is God saying to you from His Word? What are you going to do about it?