We exist to help each other belong, believe, and become fully engaged followers of Jesus Christ.
Our values are the things that guide us, shape us and inspire us as we pursue this mission together:
- We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers!
- The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
- We give up things we love for things we love even more!
- It is an honour to sacrifice for Christ and His Church.
- We lead the way with irrational generosity!
- We really believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We keep it simple, missional and adaptable!
- Jesus has a mission in this world. The mission of Jesus has a church.
- Leaders will be empowered to lead, and ministries will be shaped to best help us pursue our mission today.
- We take faith-filled, big thinking, bet-the-farm risk!
- We will never insult God with small thinking and safe living.
- We do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ!
- We will do what nobody else is doing to reach who nobody else is reaching.
- We laugh hard, loud, and often!
- Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love.
- We always bring our best!
- Excellence honors God and inspires people.
- We honor Christ and His church with integrity!
- If we live with integrity, nothing else matters. If we don’t live with integrity, nothing else matters.
- We increasingly show off the glory of God to the world!
- Jesus deserves all the credit for every good thing we experience and offer.
Brookside is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada (FEBCC). We have adopted the FEBCC Statement of Faith as our own. You can check it out here.