We exist to see people belong, believe, and become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Our values are the things that guide us, shape us and inspire us as we pursue this mission together:
- We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers!
- The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
- We give up things we love for things we love even more!
- It is an honour to sacrifice for Christ and His Church.
- We lead the way with irrational generosity!
- We really believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- We keep it simple, missional and adaptable!
- Jesus has a mission in this world. The mission of Jesus has a church.
- Leaders will be empowered to lead, and ministries will be shaped to best help us pursue our mission today.
- We take faith-filled, big thinking, bet-the-farm risk!
- We will never insult God with small thinking and safe living.
- We do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ!
- We will do what nobody else is doing to reach who nobody else is reaching.
- We laugh hard, loud, and often!
- Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love.
- We always bring our best!
- Excellence honors God and inspires people.
- We honor Christ and His church with integrity!
- If we live with integrity, nothing else matters. If we don’t live with integrity, nothing else matters.
- We increasingly show off the glory of God to the world!
- Jesus deserves all the credit for every good thing we experience and offer.
Greg MacRobbie, Lead Pastor
Greg joined the Brookside Team as Lead Pastor in May 2016. Prior to that, Greg was a pastor for 26 years in five churches from 100 Mile House, BC to Montreal, QC. Born in Ottawa, Greg is a graduate of Carleton University (BSc), Heritage Baptist Seminary (MDiv) and Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (DMin). He and his wife, Julie have three amazing young adult daughters and two sons in law. Greg loves hanging out with family and friends, reading, music and woodworking (and he cheers for the Blue Jays and the Senators!).
Brookside is a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada (FEBCC). We have adopted the FEBCC Statement of Faith as our own. This is what it says:
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the sixty-six Books, as originally written, comprising the Old and New Testaments, were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error; that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union.
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
- The Holy Spirit:
We believe in the absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit Who convinces of sin, of righteousness, and of judgement; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the arch-enemy of God and man.
We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in the total depravity, thereby incurring spiritual and physical death.
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious expiatory and propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
- Future Things:
We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the just and unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgement and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
- The Local Church:
We believe that a church is a company of immersed believers, called out from the world, separated unto the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith, and the observance of the ordinances. We believe it is a sovereign, independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts, and privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the church. We believe that its officers are pastors and deacons.
We believe that there are only two ordinances for the church regularly observed in the New Testament in the following order:
(a) Baptism which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ’s command and sets forth his identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(b) The Lord’s Supper which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes of the two elements, bread and wine which symbolize the Lord’s body and shed blood, proclaiming His death until He come.
- The Church and State:
We believe in the entire separation of church and state.
- Religious Liberty:
We believe in religious liberty; that every man has the right to practice and propagate his beliefs.
- The Lord’s Day:
We believe that the first day of the week is the Lord’s Day and that, in a special sense, it is the divinely appointed day for worship and spiritual exercise.
- Civil Government:
We believe that the civil government is of divine appointment for the interest and good order of society; that magistrates are to be prayed for, conscientiously honoured and obeyed except only in the things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the only Lord of the conscience and Prince of the kings of the earth.